Neff Hotel Postcards

Title

Neff Hotel Postcards

Description

These postcards depict the changes made to the Neff Hotel property throughout the years,

Purchased by the Neff family in 1866, the Washington Tavern (House) originally stood on the land where the Neff Hotel was built. In 1883, the building was torn torn and a brick structure was built in it's place.

Two stories were added to the Neff Hotel in 1922. The final construction project, a roof garden, was completed in 1929 prior to the stock market crash.

The hotel was in the Neff family for 102 years when it was sold in 1968. Since being sold, the building has been torn down.

Date

1880-1938

Coverage

Sunbury, PA

Contributor

Inglis, Robert

Files

NeffHouse_1.jpg
NeffHouse_postcard_front.jpg
NeffHouse_postcard_back.jpg
NeffHotel_postcard1_front.jpg
NeffHotel_postcard1_back.jpg
NeffHotel_postcard2_front.jpg
NeffHotel_postcard2_back.jpg
NeffHouse_garden_postcard_front.jpg
NeffHouse_garden_postcard_back.jpg

Citation

“Neff Hotel Postcards,” Pennsylvania History Harvest, accessed November 19, 2017, http://pahistoryharvest.com/items/show/483.