"Green Springs" Land Patent

Title

"Green Springs" Land Patent

Subject

Handwritten documents
Deeds
Snyder County, PA

Description

In 1790, Simon Snyder paid 28 pence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in order to obtain a patent for 253 acres of land. The document includes a survey of the land, called "Green Springs", located along the eastern side of Penn's Creek.

The land patent is signed by Thomas Mifflin, president of the Supreme Executive Council.

Date

1790-08-27

Creator

Supreme Executive Council of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

Files

Patent_edit.jpg
Deed-253-acres.jpg

Citation

Supreme Executive Council of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, “"Green Springs" Land Patent,” Pennsylvania History Harvest, accessed September 21, 2017, http://pahistoryharvest.com/items/show/135.